Have you ever faced the problem of how to choose the right reinforcement for your flexible circuit board? Do you know how many kinds of reinforcements there are in flexible circuit boards? Do you know why you need to add reinforcement to your flexible circuit board? The advantages and disadvantages of FPC reinforcement are that the PI tolerance is small and not very hard, the thicker thinking of FR4 has a larger tolerance, and the steel sheet is hard and stable. Manual assembly is not easy to rework. Today, let's study the different types of reinforcement for flexible circuit boards.
Types of FPC reinforcement, we usually only use 3 types of reinforcement. PI polyimide, FR4 and steel sheet.
1. PI reinforcement: tolerance can be controlled within +/- 0.03mm, high precision, high temperature resistance (130-280 degrees Celsius)
2. Steel sheet reinforcement: manual assembly is required, the process is more complicated, and the cost will be higher.
3. FR4 reinforcement: If the thickness is less than 0.1mm, the tolerance can be controlled within +/- 0.05mm. If the thickness is greater than 1.0mm, the tolerance is +/- 0.1mm
FPC reinforcement thickness
1. PI reinforcement thickness: 0.075mm, 0.1mm, 0.125mm, 0.15mm, 0.175mm, 0.2mm, 0.225mm, 0.25mm
2. FR4 reinforcement thickness: 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.4mm, 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.7mm, 1.6mm
3. Steel reinforcement thickness: 0.1mm, 0.2mm